Snapchat is a social media platform that is very famous among youngsters because of its filters and lenses, and the best thing about the platform is that there is no pressure to look good/ amazing on the platform. But do you know you can use it as a messaging app too? How? By creating groups and starting group chats with your friends.
Starting a group chat on Snapchat is very easy, and you can easily create your group in just a few minutes. Once you create a group, you can chat with your friends, share images, and even play games with them.
Don’t know how to create a group and start group chats? Don’t worry. We got you covered. So, let’s get started and learn about creating groups and starting group chats in Snapchat.
How to Create a Group and Start a Group Chat on Snapchat?
Starting a group chat is very easy, and all you have to do is create a group and add your friends to it. Once you have added them, you can chat with them, share images or other files, play games, etc. To get started, all you have to do is:
- Click on the chat bubble from the “Friends” screen.
- Next, click on the “New Group” option.
- Now type a name for your group.
- Next, add all your friends.
- Finally, click on the “Create Group” option to create the group.
- Now you have successfully created your group, and you can start chatting with your friends in the group chat.
Other Things That You Must Know About Group Chats
You Can Edit You Group Any Time
Once you have created a group, you can easily edit it anytime you want and is not that difficult. All you have to do is:
- Open your “Group Chat.”
- Next, click on the group icon.
- Click on ellipses or the three-dot symbol, and you will see lots of editing options.
- Now you can edit your group or change its settings.
Note: Anyone can edit the group chat and add new members to it.
You Can See Your Friends Bitmojis, Snap Scores and Many Other Things From the Group Page
Using the group page, you can see “Bitmojis” and “Snapchat scores” of all the members who are there in the group. Additionally, you can also see your friend’s location on the “Snap Map” and all the images that have been saved within the group chat.
You Can Play Games With Your Friends/Group Members
Another great thing about group chats is that you can use it to play games with all your friends. To play games with your friends in a group chat, all you have to do is:
- Swipe right from your chat screen.
- Click on the “Group chat” option.
- Now click on the rocket symbol.
- Next, select the game that you want to play with your friends.
- Now your friends will receive an invitation to play the game with you. Once they accept the invitation, they can play the game with you.
Note: Currently there are only 13 games that you can play with your friends in a group chat.
Group chats are an amazing way to connect with your friends. You can not only chat with all your friends, but you can also share images and play games with them. So, do start a group chat with your friends on Snapchat if you want to spend quality time with your friends.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Norton, Webroot, McAfee, Microsoft Office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.