Oracle VirtualBox is the source of virtualization software that permits the user to launch the virtual machines on Windows and different platforms. Moreover, in case you are using the Wi-Fi network, you may not be capable to use it on VirtualBox. So, here are the steps to turn on the Wi-Fi on VirtualBox to use the internet on the virtual machine.
Bridge Wi-Fi Network Adapter
In case the user wishes to fix this issue through a bridge Wi-Fi network adapter, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the VirtualBox and start it.
- Then launch the VirtualBox Manager.
- You should choose the device you can’t get internet on the left-hand side panel.
- Navigate to the upper side menu and choose the Settings option.
- From the left-hand side panel, select the Network option beneath the Settings screen.
- Thereafter, move to the Bridged Adapter in the attached drop-down section.
- You require to choose the network adapter name which you are recently using on the host device.
- Beneath the Advanced tab, check the device is set to use the Desktop Adapter Type.
- Don’t forget to sent Promiscuous Mode to Allow VMs beneath the Advanced tab.
- Beneath the Advanced tab, check the option ‘Cable connected’ is marked.
- You should select the OK to apply the changes and shut the settings screen.
- Now, reboot the VirtualBox and launch a browser, and you can be capable of accessing the internet now.
Once you set up the VirtualBox settings, you should access the Wi-Fi network on the virtual machine. In case the problem continues, get the Mac address details of the network adapter and enter it in the Mac address filled with the network configuration dialog box of the guest.
Get the Mac Address of the Host Network Adapter of Machine:
- Go to the taskbar and select the Internet Access option.
- After that, choose the Wi-Fi network and choose the Properties option.
- You should move down to the Properties tab.
- Thereafter, write down the Physical address (MAC.)
- Input the Mac address into the network configuration dialog of VirtualBox.
Turn on and off Network Adapter
In case the user wants to turn on or off the network adapter, then abide by the provided steps.
- In the taskbar, navigate to the network and right-click on it for the virtual machine at the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- After that, switch the toggle of ‘Connect Network Adapter’ to enable it.
- You have to wait for some time.
- Then switch the toggle of ‘Connect Network Adapter’ to turn it on again.
- Now, attempt to access the internet.
Launch the Network Troubleshooter
In case the user wishes to launch the network troubleshooter, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Hold the Win + R keys at the same time to launch the Run section.
- Thereafter, input ‘control’ into it and select the OK button.
- You should select the ‘Network and Internet’ option.
- Go to the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option.
- Select the ‘Change Adapter Settings’ option from the left-hand side panel.
- Reach the Virtual Network Adapter, and right-click on it, then choose the Diagnose option.
- You have to pursue the on-screen steps to finish the troubleshooting procedure.
- Then select the ‘Apply the recommended solutions/changes’ in case pop-up.
- Now, attempt accessing the internet from the virtual machine and look for any perfections.
Set NAT Adapter
In case the user wants to set the NAT adapter, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the VirtualBox and start it.
- After that, select the Settings option and choose the Network Settings.
- Go to the network adapter add the pursuing: “BOOTPRO=DHCP. “
- You should tick the box of Allow internet sharing in the host machine adapter.
- Finally, attempt to access the internet and look at whether the Wi-Fi is functioning.
- To be capable of accessing the Wi-Fi on the virtual machine, you require to make a few tweaks to the host and guest system. Pursue the steps in this blog to solve any associated Wi-Fi problems that you encounter with Oracle VirtualBox.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Norton, Webroot, McAfee, Microsoft Office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.